WOULD YOU SET OUT TO SAVE THE LIVES of your friends and family, even if your actions came at a personal price? Queen Esther faced this challenge the day she set out to expose a plot to murder her people.
But to deliver this warning she had to enter the king’s court uninvited. If the king failed to extend his scepter to her, she would be executed.
Perhaps you can relate to Esther’s plight. You too have heard God’s call to expose the enemy’s plot to destroy your loved ones and others. You want to sound the alarm, but you’re worried the cost to deliver this message is simply impossible.
Answering God’s call can be a risk, but what if, as Esther’s uncle explained, God put you into position “for just such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14, NLT). Esther found her voice and completed her mission. She saved not only her people, but her own family.
If you feel called to deliver a life-saving Kingdom message, how should you prepare?
1. Seek Counsel — Talk to supportive loved ones to see if your idea to answer God’s call finds encouragement. Then, find like-minded people who can link arms with you. If you’re an author and a speaker, consider joining the sisterhood of the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA.) If you feel called to write, speak or communicate, check out the AWSA Protége Program, which will train, equip and encourage you.
2. Give God Your Best — Esther gave, not only her best, she gave God her all, citing “If I perish, I perish.” She was “all in,” and at the risk of her own life, she delivered her message to the king.
3. Seek Prayer Support — Esther called upon her uncle, her people and her friends to pray for her. The prayer support of others can make a huge difference the reach of your effectiveness.
4. Fast — Fasting helps you humble yourself before God, allows the Holy Spirit to reveal your heart and helps reveal God’s purposes to you. Esther, Moses and even Jesus fasted before big decisions. Even John the Baptist went on a locust and honey diet before he started his ministry. I’m not suggesting that you dine on locusts, but you could at least restrict certain foods or even start a special diet to help you in your prayer quest
5. Pray — Praying puts you in direct communication with God regarding your call. Here’s a prayer to get you started:
I want to answer Your call to deliver Your message that will save lives. It’s a risk, so I am asking that You be with me, supply me with your favor and blessing, and guide me every step of the way.
I’m all in. In Jesus’ name. Amen LH
ARTICLE APPEARED IN THIS ISSUE OF LEADING HEARTS. FIND THIS ARTICLE AND MORE AT LEADINGHEARTS.COM.